Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: NIZO microphone question

  1. #1
    dogstarman
    Guest dogstarman's Avatar

    Post

    Pertaining to Nizo sound cameras:

    The 6056 has this strange 8-pin mic/headphone plug that I've never run across before. The only thing that I can compare it to is a MIDI cable, but it's not really even close. Anybody know what this pin connection is called and if adaptors are still available for them? I'd like to find a whatever-it-is to XLR adapter if it exists...

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    It's just their way of wiring their particular Microphone.
    I have one of these Nizo microphones I'm putting up for sale on ebay today, incidentally.
    You can find it here: http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...sort=2&rows=25

    ------------------

  3. #3
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    Its called 'DIN'. Its a Euro thing wink

    Check Radio Shack they might have it. If not you will have to go to a spcialised place, ie Marketek.



    ------------------

  4. #4
    dogstarman
    Guest dogstarman's Avatar

    Post

    I did check Radio Shack today... they have both the male and female 8-pin DIN connector ends, but only the components, no actual adaptors. So I'm thinking I may try to see if it's possible to snip & crimp a DIN-female onto the female end of an XLR cable. But before I go and destroy a cable:

    Are these NIZO mics any good at all? I have one of the MD 1000 mics that came with the 6056. It's seems about equivilant to the Canon boom mics that you could get for the 5/8/1014 series, but I have no way of testing it because of the weird pin-configuration. Should I even bother with it...?

    SAM

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •